2009 Yamaha Raider
CYCLE WORLD'S "BEST CRUISER", RIDERS "BEST OF CLASS".
If you want totally custom but would rather ride than wrench, have a look at the Star Raider. The 113-cubic-inch fuel-injected V-twin engine that powers it, takes a back seat to no V-twin when it comes to power and reliability. And the rest of the chopper-inspired Raider is pure Star, designed and engineered by the world's best bike builders
- The Raider was inspired by the custom chopper movement, but since it's a Star, it had to also handle, stop and go.
- With the addition of this machine, the Star line offers the most diverse line of custom V-twins on the planet.
- The Raider achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 42 mpg with a fuel tank that holds 4.2 gallons of gas.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin pumps out max torque at just 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm for powerful, relaxed cruising.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
- Plated cylinders and forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life. Twin counterbalancers keep things smooth but rumbly.
- 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- A 3.5-liter airbox is hidden in the area behind the fuel tank for great performance and a custom, airy look.
- Custom exhaust inspired, “down-swept” design, two-into-oneinto-two exhaust with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®)inside boosts torque in the 2500-3500-rpm range.
- Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- All-aluminum cast frame is light, rigid and tuned for light, athletic handling. A light, Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm casting complements the bike's lithe style.
- Low, sculpted seat holds the rider in place, and pullback bars reach back to enforce a casual, urban cruising style.
- A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a street-legal Star Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom look as well as natural handling and straight-line cruisability: 34-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 40 degrees and 102mm of trail, while bringing the fork closer to the steering axis.
- Custom 5-spoke wheels carry a 120/70-21-inch bias tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 radial out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star.
- 46mm fork tubes serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance through 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- New flangeless fuel tank carries a full 4.1 gallons of fuel.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel, with a 310mm disc out back.
- Strong, light and narrow belt final drive contains embedded carbon fiber for even greater strength.
- Wiring harness uses lightweight AVSS wires, and switchgear wiring is routed inside the handlebar for a clean appearance.
- Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
- Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Raider.
- Cool, tank-mounted instrumentation complements the custom look, and contains analog speedometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
- Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Oxygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
- Engine Type: 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled V-twin OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 100 x 118 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.48:1
- Carburetion: Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection; throttle position sensor
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed,multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Frame: Double cradle
- Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Swingarm; 3.5-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 310 mm
- Tires/Front: 120/70-21
- Tires/Rear: 210/40-18
- Wheels: 5-spoke cast
- Length: 101.2 in.
- Width: 36.4 in.
- Height: 45.9 in.
- Seat Height: 27.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 70.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 42 mpg
- Wet Weight: 730 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- V-twin OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- 113 cu. in. (1854 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 100 x 118 mm
- Air Cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection; throttle position sensor
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm; 3.5-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 310 mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 70.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.2 gal.
- 42 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Wet Weight: 730 lbs.
- 5-speed,multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Liquid Silver w/Flames, Raven
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)